Terms and conditions
- Booking and Payment
To book a tour with Spiritual Journey you are required to fully pay the tour price prior to the tour. When Spiritual Journey has accepted your booking and received your payment, the contract between you and Spiritual Journey will become binding and Spiritual Journey will send you the payment confirmation for the tour you booked.
In all tours operated by Spiritual Journey children between 0 – 12 years old are offered 50% discount.
- Cancellation of Booking
Any cancellation must be notified in writing and sent via email by the person who made the booking.
If you cancel your tour:
a) More than 29 days prior to the start of your tour, you will only be charged 15% of the tour price.
b) Between 8 and 28 days, you will be charged 25% of the tour price.
c) Between 2 and 7 days, you will be charged 50% of the tour price.
d) Less than 48 hours before the start of your tour or after the commencement of the tour, you must pay the full tour price. This includes all bookings made within 48 hours before the start of the tour.
- Changes or Cancellation by Spiritual Journey
- Before you enter into a contract with Spiritual Journey. The company reserve the right to change any of the facilities or services described in its brochure or website. Spiritual Journey also reserve the right to cancel the tour. For example: Do to weather and/or road conditions or if the minimum number of clients required for a tour is not fulfilled. It is highly unlikely Spiritual Journey will have to make any changes to your tour. Any changes are usually very minor and you will be advised at the earliest possible date. If a major change becomes necessary, Spiritual Journey will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your tours begins. When a major change or cancellation occurs you will have the choice of accepting the change of arrangements, purchasing another available tour from Spiritual Journey, or cancelling your tour. Spiritual Journey will refund all payments made directly to Spiritual Journey in respect of the tour price. We will not however be in a position to refund any personal expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as flight payments for land-only tours, travel insurance, equipment purchases, visas, vaccinations etc.
- Information Provided
Any information provided by Spiritual Journey on such matters as weather conditions, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment etc. is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of Spiritual Journey.
- Adventure Travel and Client Responsibility
It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept the hazards involved in this sort of tour and you accept that in visiting remote and mountainous regions there is an element of on-tour flexibility. The itinerary stated in the tour dossier is indicative only and not a guarantee that a particular route will be followed or place reached. You must acknowledge that delays and alterations and their results, such as inconvenience and discomfort, are possible where unforeseen circumstances arise. You must have a level of fitness commensurate with your chosen tour and you are responsible for bringing the appropriate equipment.
- Personal Travel Insurance
When purchasing a tour with Spiritual Journey, individual travel insurance is not included in the quoted prices. It is strongly recommended that clients take out a comprehensive travel insurance against contingencies, including compensation for medical costs and cancellation fees. In the event of emergency medical rescue and/or repatriation from a tour by whatever means, the responsibility of such costs will be borne by the client.
All luggage and personal equipment are, at all times, at your own risk. We will not be responsible what so ever for any loss, damage to your luggage and/or personal equipment.
- Medical & Dietary Conditions
If you are affected by a medical condition which may affect your or other people’s enjoyment of the tour, you must advise this at the time of booking. Similarly, you must advise Spiritual Journey of dietary conditions and preferences at the time of booking.
- Independent Travel Arrangements
Spiritual Journey will not be responsible or liable for your actions or your safety for any independent travel you undertake before, during (if you choose to leave) or after the tour.
- Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint about the tour you should make it known to your guide/leader at the earliest opportunity. If you feel your complaint has not been properly dealt with Spiritual Journey shall endeavour to agree a settlement with you. Any outstanding complaint not resolved during the tour should be notified to us in writing within 30 days of the scheduled date of return.
- Liability & Compensation
Spiritual Journey will accept liability for the negligence of its employees causing direct physical injury to passengers only to the extent that it is obliged under Icelandic law. Spiritual Journey cannot be held responsible for any mishap to yourself or your property, and in particular for the consequences of flight cancellations, vehicle accidents, natural Spiritual Journey you acknowledge that Spiritual Journey has taken all reasonable steps to safeguard its liability in this respect.
- Variation of Booking Conditions
The booking conditions may only be waived by a director of Spiritual Journey in writing. When you confirm the booking form you agree to accept all these booking conditions, and when Spiritual Journey accepts your booking the company agree to carry out its obligations to you as defined in tour information provided to you. Both sides of this agreement are made subject to, and must be interpreted and enforced according to Icelandic law in an Icelandic court.
- Halla Frimanns CEO of Spiritual Journey.